Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Brothers, Breathers, and Broncos

So I just dropped my brother off at the airport. This marks the end of an over-a-year-long attempt at getting him settled and independent. I don’t know how successful I feel about it, seeing as how he is moving back to Florida after all this time. I guess he did learn to live on his own for a while, and pay bills on time, and he did get a pretty decent job that he was successful at. I just feel like maybe I should have done more for him. He still doesn’t have a driver’s license, or health insurance, or a girlfriend, and although I know that none of that is any of my business, let alone my responsibility, I still feel like I didn’t do enough to support my little brother. I hope he finds everything he’s looking for back in Jacksonville, and I will be praying for him every day.
On another note, I’m looking for new employment. After four years of frustrated attempts at promotion with my current job, I’ve decided that it is time to move on, and hopefully move out, from Panera and food service in general. I’ve spent over 12 years working nights and weekends, and with my daughter now in kindergarten, I need to have more time than the few hours in the morning I get with her. That’s not even counting my wonderful wife, who I get maybe a day or two with a month, if I’m lucky. I need to work somewhere where my talents and intellect can be used and challenged. Hopefully I get something soon.
One current bright spot: the Denver Broncos. Completely written off in the preseason, including by me, they have started out 2-0, and look amazing, at least on offense. Looking at their schedule, it is completely possible that they will start out 7-0 heading into the bye week, although I would settle for 5-2. I’m so glad football is back. Now if I could just get my wife to agree to HD reception with our satellite company, I’d be all set.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Not a chance.

JPS said...

What? Joy won't allow you to get HD? Even though you you have an HD tv? I will have to talk with my sister about this... Don't worry Ryan, I got our back!